Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

VA Appointment 05/23/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo

Hi Friends,
I saw a new primary care doctor at the VA here in San Diego.

My primary concern is that my pain level has increased and the medications were not working so they super sized it you might say. The doctor told me I can no longer drink any alcohol.I was told beer and such will not only make me drowsy and dizzy, but very good chance it would kill me. Sucks for me, but I think I will listen to the doctor this time. I was also highly advised not to ride my motorcycle anymore. Sorry Doc,as long as I can support the bike, I am going to ride.
I swear sometimes the doctors just want to bring me down. She asked me if I was given a expected expiration date and I said no. She told me that I have already lived four years past  life expectancy for someone with Renal Cell cancer and the Bone Cancer is moving fast. She said I cannot tell you how long you have left but she has only known of one person with my illness who has lived longer than me after the cancer was discovered and I should enjoy what life I have left.  I'm not ashamed to say she got a few tears rolling down my face, but I refuse to give in. I have friends who I love and know they love me too. I am living in one of the best places in the world. I have faith, I have friends and family ,I have love, hope, desire, and a passion for living and loving. I ain't done yet.

2 comments:

  1. Living is 100% fatal for us all. The important thing is to be a bright light during the time you are given (which you are!).

    No one knows when their last day is, except God. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something.

    Enjoy riding your bike, stay safe, and have a fun trip!

    You are in my prayers, as always :)

    - Kim

    ReplyDelete