Popular Posts

Sunday, June 5, 2011

In the Hospital

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo

Hi All,
I rode my bike up tp Portland Oregon to visit friends and family. I was having a Hell of a time getting my cancer medication and so I decided to ride my motorcycle to the Portland VA Hospital. No big surprise it was raining when I rode to the hospital and I ended up crashing my motorcycle. The VA sent me to OHSU (Trama Hospital) who checked me in for pain control and to run a CT scan on my spine, hip, and and abdamon. They discovered my hip is fractured woirse than was thought and it has spread further in my spine. I have an appointment to see a Radiation Doctor tomorow to discus radiation treatment. I asked if the radiation would stop the cancer and was told my cancer is spreading very fast because it is now in my blood and would be mainly for pain control. There is a possiblity of surgery, even though it is risky to do so with my cancer spreading like it is. I will be in the hospital (OHSU) untill at least tomorrow.
The doctor told me it is okay to ride my bike on short trips only and to eat what ever I wanted to since my time is growing short. Not allot to be positive about but I am trying. It looks like I will be leaving my bike in Portland when I do head back to Portland and will either fly or drive next time I come back to portland. My medications have been changed to a much stronger dose.
The good news is I am still alive, my bike and I both survived my ride from San Diego to Portland, and that I have not given up. I ask for your prayers and support. I need you all more than ever. God bless you all.
Jim

2 comments:

  1. I just found out that Facebook is blocked from this computer, so I can not do all the things I wanted to do from this PC. I will post the URL for this blog on Facebook from my phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers, as always, my friend :) I wish only the best for you.

    I've asked my dad to add you to his church's prayer list as well...If there is anything I can do to help you or your family, just ask.

    [BTW--I did find your blog's post, as you can probably tell...]

    Kim

    ReplyDelete