Popular Posts

Sunday, June 12, 2011

06/12/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo

Hey Sports fans!Today should be a great one. I woke up to sunshine this morning. I thought what a great day to go to church with old friends and praise the Lord.

I am feeling pretty good for where I am at this stage in my life. So, this morning I am going to Church with my friend Beth and her family.

I started thinking I might be of some help to others who may read this Blog after I am gone. I am going to start giving some tips for staying around longer than anyone thought you would.

$ KEEP POSITIVE !!!! "All of life is a journey; which paths we take, what we look back on, and what we look forward to is up to us. We determine our destination, what kind of road we will take to get there, and how happy we are when we get there. From A Little Book of Happiness

I guess this is where this blog is going to get hard for me. I woke today with pain in new areas and and it took more pain pills to neutralize the pain. The doctor yesterday asked me if I wanted to admit myself into the hospital. No!I am not ready to throw in the towel. I do feel myself in more pain, more times in the day.It feels like I am on a downward spin. This is where I need your prayers of strength and courage.

Jim

5 comments:

  1. Jim:

    Kimberly and I are looking forward to you coming back to San Diego. I also figure that while you're gone, now is a good time to dump the spa water and clean it before you get here (we do it 3-4 times a year). Now that I'm only cooking for us again, it's not as much fun as cooking for all three of us (or even more). We miss you. Your stuff is here, but you are not, and we miss that smiling face which I took a picture of.

    BTW, my mom is looking forward to meeting you and trying to help you to feel better. And if by doing so, and all of us pulling for you, perhaps we'll pull off one of God's miracles and have everything go into remission. If so, that would tell us the God and Jesus has more plans for you and is looking to put you to work for Him, to help the rest of US.

    Kimberly and I both believe that your attitude of staying positive and optimistic is what's been keeping you here LONG after the "Learned Ones with M.D. behind their names" decided you weren't going to be sticking around much longer. We (with God's help) have decided to prove them WRONG again. So, we hope you can come back here to help us help others believe in themselves and God's love. I think He still has work for you and is why you haven't been called home yet.

    When you're ready to come back to San Diego, we'll be waiting for you. If you need ANYTHING, please call us and we’ll do whatever we can to help you. We FIRMLY believe you WILL come back, to be able to receive God's blessings and enjoy our hospitality while He puts you to work for Him.

    God's not done with you yet, Jim – neither are we in trying to help you get better!!

    Sincerely,

    Mike & Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim and Mike.I have radiation on Monday and Tuesday.I am working on a plan that will get the bike and me back in San Diego very soon. I will call you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim,

    Well, I guess I'll have to get some more items to feed you to keep your strength up - even if you have a hard time keeping them down (we'll find SOMETHING for you to eat and keep down)!!!

    We're fighting for you Jim, even when you're not here in San Diego. I hope to find things for you to eat which encourages your appetite (and smell great to help in the process - when you start getting hungry, there's nothing like the smell of a charcoal BBW/grill cooking hamburgers and/or steaks).

    We just got off the phone with you and are looking forward to your return!!!

    Semper Fi! God Bless!

    Mike & Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - BTW - since they said you can't drink any alcohol, I guess we'll have to give it to you intravenously, since I SERIOUSLY DOUBT they'd really help in giving us tips for you to be able to enjoy your BEER!! Can you imagine an IV bottle above you with a label of Amber Bock on it? I realize you can't taste it when it's coming through an IV, it's still BEER. :-)

    We're here for you Jim - when you're in the hospital, we just need you to be CLOSER!! That way we can sneak you pizza, pasta, steak (although it might not be as warm as you'd like), but we'll find a way to get stuff to you. But PERSONALLY, we'd MUCH prefer you stay OUT of the hospitals and at home - where you belong amongst friends and loved ones.

    SEMPER FI buddy, SEMPER FI!!

    We love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mike and Kimberly! I'd love to talk with you about Jim's flights on Monday 6/20. Could you call my home @ 503-699-7779 or 503-740-3440 cell? I'd love to hear from you as soon as possible to give you all of the important details:) Thank you so much!!

    Beth Hoover
    mbgsh@msn.com

    ReplyDelete