Popular Posts

Friday, June 10, 2011

06/10/2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKQpRgxyyqo

Good Morning Sports Fans!

I had a pretty good day yesterday all and all. I have to admit the adventure I had at the VA hospital and the OHSU was one for the books. I won't get into the gory details, but lets just say it was a test of my faith in Mankind.I saw a doctor from Oncology who is putting me on a new Chemo medication. I can't tell you the name of such medication because when I went to pick it up I found out the order had not been processed. To be fare though, the medication to help me sleep was not there either.
I then went to an appointment at Orthopedics. They had no idea why I was there which was kind of funny since I had no idea either. We did have a good time getting to know each other however. Made a few new friends while I sat for hours for X-Rays of my hip. Its funny to watch doctors tap dance and try to act smart when it is obvious to me, if not the world, this person must have paid someone to take his test for him a doctor school. I truly believe I knew more about orthopedics than the doctor did, just by watching "House" on TV.It is nice though that our government is keeping kids off the street by giving them jobs as doctors. The sad part is even though I made some new friends, I was now almost three hours late for my Radiation treatments. This is the part where I found out my medications that were allegedly submitted came in. So anyway I was now about three hours late for my last appointment. In the end of my adventure I was set to go back to Sue's place.
Sue and I went to a BBQ/Pot Luck party one of her co-workers were having. I made some new friends and had some good eats. It was my first social gathering where I did not drink anything stronger than a can of Coke. Fun was had by all and we made it back home. I felt good.
This morning I awoke to the worst pain I have had to date. The good news is it only took about a half hour for the pain meds to kick in. I am looking forward to a good weekend. It looks like Karaoke tonight with some of Sue's friends. I also have my fourth Radiation treatment today and I hope to pick up my medication from the VA.
I hope you all have a great day. Trust God to be there for you when no one else is, have faith in your friends and know that real friends are there for you rain or shine, and be glad to know that are streets are safer after keeping our misguided youth off the streets and giving them jobs at the VA.LOL. Sorry to anyone who works at the VA who might take offense from my last statement. In the end remember that God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy. Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I'm checking in on you, Jim! May you enjoy a good night's rest, peace that floods your mind and heart and finally an outpouring of grace and love. Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, that has to be the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me.

    ReplyDelete