Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

06/07/2011

I am starting to feel the affects of the cancer more than ever. For the first time, my Calcium levels
are playing a part in my illness. My doctor has explained how excessive calcium levels can affect me. I have been making light of forgetting names. For instance I
have called Humming birds, Butter Flies. I have called Hash brown's Pancakes. I can't remember words or names that I use daily. I have also been throwing up three or four times a day and have no appetite.

My doctors ask me all the time if I am numb or tingly anywhere. I loose my sun glasses just about every day. That is becoming expensive and inconvenient. I can’t remember any of my medications or if I have taken them or not. I am told I have said things and have been to places I have no memory of. I now have several pairs of motorcycle gloves with only one glove. I also fall asleep without warning and it takes me way to long to complete simple tasks. For instance, I have been working on this blog for going on two hours. Simple tasks are becoming difficult. I say things I don’t mean to say and when people tell me what I said or did, I have no memory of saying them. I have started a journal to keep track of things. I am also starting to hallucinate. Not big things but yesterday I swear I saw the TV start to fall off the wall, onto someone who had come to visit me.
This is starting to freak me out. The first sensation I felt this morning was I had to urinate and throw up at the same time.. The doctor subscribe me nausea medication. I hope most of this is caused by taking so much pain medication. and the radiation therapy will eliminate most of these symptoms.
So anyway, thanks To the people who have been there for me the most? I know I will forget some people. Please forgive me: Sue Westby, Susie Rimerman, Greg Selby, Beth Hoover, Manny, My kids and other family members, Bill Ortiz. Mike and Kimberly Shutters, who have opened to me their heart and home, and the various VA Heath centers. The doctors and nurses, the kind man who helped me pull my motorcycle off me after I crashed it and followed me to the VA on my bike. The owner of Apple Fitness Center in Tyler who have worked with me to manage my plan

It took md almost four hours four hours to type this. Im off gto the VA n0w




     













4 comments:

  1. Praying God's strength, peace and comfort for you, Jim. Just CALL if you need anything, okay?! 503-699-7779 / cell 503-740-3440.

    Love you friend, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am daily inspired by your strength and courage as you continue your journey. I am blessed to have met you those many months ago in Tyler and doubly blessed to be able to call you friend. I pray daily that I am worthy of the title and thankful for the impact your friendship has made in my life.

    Call me anytime!

    Mike McCarty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mike and Beth. You both are stars in many of my- life stories. Mike I won't ask you for any rides, but Beth I could use a ride from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jim, My thoughts and prayers are always with you. You are a real fighter, you are an inspiration for me. I just had my 3rd surgery and just keep thinking, this is nothing, compared to what you must be going through. I would love to take that bike ride with you, but since my last surgery, I am beat after about 10 miles of riding. I will be praying that you have a great ride back to SD, just be sure to keep the shinny side up and the rubber on the pavement.
    Bob

    ReplyDelete